Whether it’s being part of the pre-show panel before WWE pay-per-views or interviewing talent backstage during Monday Night Raw, Charly Caruso is one of the better backstage personalities that WWE has.
Caruso signed for WWE in early 2016 after doing some work with NXT. She was very soon moved up to Monday Night Raw.
On the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that Mene Gene Okerlund wouldn’t have got Caruso’s job as he wasn’t ‘young and cute’.
After being made aware of the comments on Twitter by a fan, Caruso took issue with the fact that Meltzer said she was only hired by WWE because she is attractive.
I feel very bad for Mary Anne. https://t.co/AKZajNCbJv
— Charly Arnolt (@CharlyOnTV) November 27, 2019
For those who aren’t aware, Mary Anne is the name of Dave Meltzer’s wife. Caruso claimed that she feels sorry for Mary Anne off the back of Meltzer’s rather dated comment.
According to her official page on WWE.com, Caruso is an “announcing veteran who has done everything from news reporting — covering sports such as the NFL and the NBA — to lugging her own equipment into the hills as a one-woman band reporter”.
It is clear that while WWE might value her attractiveness and age, this is certainly not the only reason that they hired the talented Caruso.
- Naomi Removes WWE References From Twitter Bio
- Joey Janela Sets Foot On Fire In Horrifying GCW Botch (Video)
- CM Punk Trends Following Polarising Message To WWE Locker Room
- Paul Wight Reveals Impressive Move He Was Told Never To Perform In Ring Again
- Jon Moxley Set To Reunite Former Tag Team At Independent Show
- Video: NWA Stars Kamille & Thom Latimer Get Married
- Britt Baker Makes Surprise Appearance At AIW Gauntlet For The Gold
- William Regal Details His Reaction To NXT 2.0 Reboot
- Sting Files New Trademark For Iconic Nickname
- Tony Khan Reacts To Johnny Elite’s AEW Debut