Wrestling veteran Chavo Guerrero has commented on his potential retirement.
Speaking on The Wrestling Perspective podcast, Guerrero noted that he doesn’t believe he’ll ever truly step away from the ring.
Sharing his thoughts on Ric Flair’s retirement bout on July 31, Guerrero said:
“When I see Ric Flair’s retirement match I’m like ‘which one is this?’ You just don’t ever really retire.
“I don’t think I’ll ever retire. I wrestle three to four times a year now. It’s not big WrestleMania matches, I know where I’m at, but I keep myself in shape at all times, so that any match that I have, guys still say ‘what the hell dude you’re outworking all of us!’ and I just say ‘I don’t have to do that three hundred days a year anymore so I can do that.'”
Guerrero notably wrestled for GCW during WrestleMania week in 2021, defeating Rocky Romero at Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport 6.
The star has wrestled several times this year, for independent promotions.
Chavo Guerrero also addressed his AEW departure, which you can read more about right here.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- AEW Star Medically Cleared Last-Minute For Dynamite Match