AEW star Chavo Guerrero has been criticised for a comment he made after Seth Rollins was assaulted by a “fan” during WWE Raw.
Rollins was pounced from behind on the entrance ramp following a segment involving Finn Balor, and suffered a busted lip before the man was restrained and taken away.
Following the incident, Guerrero decided it was a good idea to tweet:
Remember when the wrestlers were tougher than the fans? Ah, the good ol’ days. ♂️
When a guy the size of the attacker runs at you full-speed and blindsides you, it doesn’t matter if you’re a professional wrestler or not, you’re going to get taken off your feet.
The attacker – 24-year-old Elisah Spencer of Brooklyn – was charged with Attempted Assault, and Attempted Violation of Arts and Cultural Affairs (Disrupting a Live Sporting Event) by the NYPD.
Chavo Guerrero has been off AEW TV since September 10 when he was removed from his role as Andrade El Idolo’s manager to take time away for other projects, but is still with the promotion and is listed on its offical roster.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?