Since Triple H took over WWE’s creative team, the company has been bringing in a lot of former stars, and a report last week from Fightful Select revealed WWE has even gone as far as contacting current AEW stars about signing for WWE in the future.
While the identity of the wrestler approached by WWE was not revealed in the report, Chris Jericho has taken to Twitter to seemingly suggest it may have been him who was contacted.
In response to a fan’s tweet which said they would love to see a Jericho, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens faction in WWE, Jericho appeared to claim there are people within WWE that want that to happen.
Here’s what he said:
Hmmm…well Some higher ups want that to happen sooner than later! #tampering https://t.co/PD8kMGgyJq
— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) August 24, 2022
Now this is all very interesting, but let’s not forget this is Chris Jericho, and so there is every chance he’s talking nonsense and trolling us, so let’s all take this with a pinch of salt.
There’s every chance that WWE would be open to bringing Jericho back in when his AEW contract expires, but there’s nothing to suggesting this is something that will happen any time soon.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Upcoming WWE & AEW Events To Air Head To Head?
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- Big E Reunites With New Day For Training You Have To See [VIDEO]