Chris Jericho has commented on rumors about heat with CM Punk, and the possibility about another match against the controversial star.
Punk hasn’t appeared for AEW since his verbal tirade at the post-All Out media scrum in September 2022.
This led to a backstage altercation involving Punk, Ace Steel, Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks, among other names.
Reports stated that Jericho confronted Punk after the incident, and according to numerous sources, Jericho even told Punk that he was a ‘cancer to the locker room’ and ‘a detriment to the company’.
Jericho recently replied to a Twitter post about his match with Punk at WrestleMania 28 in 2012.
Commenting on a potential rematch, Jericho tweeted:
I always loved working with @CMPunk….
Following a report that there has been no mending fences between Punk and The Elite, another report stated that Punk would be ‘available‘ for a return in a couple of months,
Punk is also recovering from a torn tricep he suffered during his AEW World Title bout against Jon Moxley at All Out.
An update has now emerged on rumors that Punk is in talks with WWE, which you can read about right here.
I always loved working with @CMPunk …. https://t.co/AHorYZMOuM
— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) February 17, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Capture Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- Tony Khan Says Former WWE Star In ROH Is ‘Never Going To Happen’
- WWE Star Thinks Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Situation Is ‘Inexcusable’