AEW’s Chris Jericho has addressed criticism of his band Fozzy holding concerts over the last few days despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The tour was originally slated for April and May, but of course got postponed, leaving four shows in August and the rest in October and November.
Speaking on his latest livestream, Chris Jericho explained that the shows this week were in South Dakota, North Dakota and Fort Madison in Iowa, and the reason they went ahead is because the states have low COVID-19 cases. He said:
“We actually did four shows this week, and the reason for that is we had our ‘Save the World Tour,’ which was originally scheduled for April and May, but it got postponed to July and August, then got postponed to October and November,” Jericho said. “Four shows remained in August, and I was like ‘How?’ The shows are in South Dakota, and North Dakota, and we have one in Fort Madison, Iowa, which is right near the border of South Dakota. … The reason why the shows have happened is because these states of North Dakota and South Dakota have low COVID cases, less than 1,000 in both states, I think Florida had 9,000 today alone.”
He added that everyone in attendance was temperature tested and given a mask, saying:
“The venues are either outside, or they are half capacity. We are sold out tonight in Minot with I think 50% capacity, last night we were sold out in Sioux Falls, SD with 35% capacity. We hand out masks at the door, the temperature checks. We stay on the bus all day, the Fozzy crew and camp have been tested.”
Quotes via HeelByNature
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return