One of the main criticisms that people have with AEW is that the promotion seems to like taking the odd shot or two at WWE. However, Chris Jericho has denied that AEW is “constantly bashing” the competition.
During his Saturday Night Special live stream, Chris Jericho said that AEW isn’t trying to “constantly bash” WWE. He said that for guys like Miro, it’s important to reference that they have also worked for WWE:
“This is not a place that’s constantly bashing anybody else. I mean, obviously, when you come from another company — when you come from WWE, you have to acknowledge the fact that you came from there. Do you know what I mean? You have to acknowledge the fact that there’s a history there. But other than that, you say your piece and you move on. So I think it’s great to have him. I’ve always been a fan of his and I think he’s another guy for some reason, whatever reason, kind of fell through the cracks there that they’re going to regret letting go. But we got him and we’re excited.”
This conversation was brought on after Jericho revealed that he was the one who suggested that Miro take some shots at WWE doing his first promo on Dynamite last week. You can read more about that by clicking here.
In your opinion, do AEW wrestlers take too many shots at WWE? Let us know on Twitter.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- Top AEW Star’s Return Date Confirmed
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star