AEW star Chris Jericho has explained why he didn’t have a singles match at the Forbidden Door event.
At the Forbidden Door pay-per-view, Jericho teamed up with Minoru Suzuki and Sammy Guevara in a trios bout against Eddie Kingston, Wheeler Yuta and Shota Umino.
Speaking with Alex McCarthy of Inside The Ropes, the first-ever AEW World Champion explained why he didn’t compete in a singles match at Forbidden Door.
“So for me to be on Forbidden Door, the issue for me is not just the matches that I could do at the Tokyo Dome, but the fact that we have Blood & Guts three days later in Detroit. So anything that I do on the Forbidden Door has to relate to Blood & Guts, it has to be the next step in the story to the promotion of Blood & Guts, or it’s counterproductive. We’re going to have to promote both Forbidden Door and Blood & Guts, because it’s the go-home show for both. So for me on Forbidden Door, I have to do something that continues the momentum to Blood & Guts. If I just randomly faced Minoru Suzuki, will we tear the house down? Of course. But how does that connect to what we’re doing just three days later?”
In the same interview, Jericho revealed which NJPW stars that he would want to face when he finally returns to Japan.
For the full results of last night’s Forbidden Door event, click here.
Quotes via Fightful
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- More Released WWE Stars Returning On SmackDown, New WWE Couple Dating, Bray Wyatt Return Plans – News Bulletin – August 12, 2022
- Kayla Braxton Transitioning To WWE Commentator Role?
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Another Big Sign NXT’s Santos Escobar Is Heading To Main Roster
- Update On Major AEW Stars’ Contract Lengths
- Another WWE Star Expected To Get Old Name Back
- Match Results From WWE WrestleMania 39 Launch Party
- Road Dogg Had ‘Serious Arguments’ With Vince McMahon About AJ Styles