Chris Jericho defeated Hangman Adam Page in the main event of All Out to become the first ever AEW World Champion. In what can only be described as a match with a great storyline throughout, Chris Jericho hit the Judas Effect for the win.
Page busted open Jericho early in the match with a rolling elbow. The story of the match was Page going after Jericho’s eye. This was payback for Jericho busting Page open at Fight for the Fallen.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) September 1, 2019
Hangman Page hit several lariats and his dead shot pile driver for some super close calls. However, the veteran Jericho was able to counter the last attempt at the a rolling elbow. Consequently, he countered into a Judas Effect for the win.
It makes a lot of sense to put the title on Chris Jericho. Launching a new program on television with a very recognizable name like Jericho should potentially bring in some lapsed viewers.
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Released WWE Stars Reveal Backstage Details About Vince McMahon