Chris Jericho has pointed out similarities between AEW star Eddie Kingston and WWE’s Randy Orton.
Speaking on AEW Unrestricted, Jericho acknowledged that on the surface, Kingston and Orton look like complete opposites.
Noting that, similar to The Viper, people underestimate how good Kingston is, Jericho said:
“Eddie Kingston reminds me of Randy Orton. Polar opposites in image and gimmick, but neither one of them quite realized just how good they are. They kind of think it’s funny to downplay themselves. They’re both so good.
“Eddie doesn’t quite get it yet. When he does, he’s going to be a world champion. Not that he doesn’t now, but he still has an inner demon. I think those are going away because he realizes just how good he is. I saw it from the start. I’m a big fan of Eddie Kingston.”
Orton is currently out of action with a back injury, last wrestling in May. There is reportedly some concern regarding the severity of Orton’s injury, which you can read more about right here.
Kingston most recently wrestled at AEW Rampage: Grand Slam, against Sammy Guevara.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed