By Jamal Niaz
Earlier this week, PWInsider reported that Chris Jericho would be returning to NJPW despite ‘Y2J’ stating in April that he was done with the promotion.
The reports proved to be true as Jericho made an emphatic return to Japan at today’s Wrestling Dontaku Night 2 event with a vicious attack on Naito. The assault took place after Los Ingobernables de Japon’s win over Suzuki-gun in a ten-man tag match, which Naito was a part of.
The attack relaunches the feud which was first teased when Jericho attacked Naito at New Year Dash and now looks set to build towards a match between the two stars.
It’ll be interesting to see whether Jericho will be sticking with New Japan for the foreseeable future or whether it’s just a one-match deal. With the ‘Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla’ wrestling at last week’s Greatest Royal Rumble event, his future is still very much up in the air.
Expect the match to take place at Dominion in Osaka on June 9, which is the next major event on the New Japan calendar. This match could definitely be another potential show stealer for Jericho with his all our brawl against Kenny Omega at this year’s Wrestle Kingdom tearing the house down.
What are your thoughts on Jericho’s New Japan return? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter here.
- WWE Leaves White Rabbit Flyers On Fans’ Cars Following September 23 SmackDown
- Latest ‘White Rabbit’ Clue Points Fans Further Towards Bray Wyatt
- MJF Spotted With Top WWE Star (PHOTO)
- Hall Of Famer’s Sons Finish Up With AEW, Sights Set On WWE
- Watch Sammy Guevara’s Awesome Dragon Ball Z Inspired AEW Titantron
- Raven Set For IMPACT Wrestling Hall Of Fame Induction
- MJF Acknowledges Roman Reigns: ‘He’s A Stud’
- NJPW Star Set For AEW World Championship Eliminator Match On Dynamite
- Bobby Fish Makes Shock Debut On IMPACT Wrestling Victory Road
- Japanese Wrestling Icon Makes AEW Debut At AEW Rampage Grand Slam