Former AEW Champion Chris Jericho has had his say on who he believes the next big star in wrestling will be during a recent podcast appearance.
“Jungle Boy,” said Jericho, who has wrestled the Jurassic Express star on four separate occasions since AEW was formed. Jungle boy has had a series of highly impressive matches in AEW, and Jericho is far from the only person to have earmarked him for a bright future.
During the appearance on The Hollywood Raw Podcast with Dax Holt and Adam Glyn, Jericho was asked about the peculiar occasion when his AEW Championship belt was stolen, shortly after he won it.
“It’s such a long story. Yeah, in retrospect, I’m pretty sure it was a big sting, because it’s… Long story short, I was on a charter plane that had the land in Tallahassee because there was a storm, so we went to get something to eat. Rather than wait for the plane, I got a limo to come grab me with something to eat and drive us home,” recalled Jericho. “I think when we got dropped off for something to eat, which was not the place I wanted to go, it was a place that the guy suggested. Maybe when he came inside to look for me, even though I was sitting right there and I saw him, that maybe his buddy came and grabbed it out of the back because there was some other stuff.
“There was a thing of flowers that was into that, that I gave my wife that had shattered on the ground. I think it was just a big sting. Hey man, we got this belt in here, come steal it. Then when they realized what they had and the fact that like, what are you going to do with this thing? You can’t sell it anywhere. It’s like stealing a ’59 Les Paul from Keith Richards. It’s worth 500 grand, but who’s going to buy it? Everyone knows Keith Richards lost the Les Paul. You know what I mean? I think when they realized that they couldn’t do anything with it, they just kind of left it on the side of the road for somebody to pick up and turn in to the police department.
“It was just really weird. The police were taking pictures with the belt and posting it on Twitter and then they deleted it. It was just a very strange situation for this title that was barely 12 hours old.”
The belt was eventually found on the side of the road, but Jericho has previously said that he finds the whole situation very suspicious.
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future
- Powerhouse Hobbs & More AEW Stars React To Jade Cargill Joining WWE