A big Chris Jericho match has been officially announced for the January 4 edition of AEW Dynamite.
On the first episode of Dynamite of 2023, the former ROH World Champion will face off against Ricky Starks in singles action.
This comes after the duo’s recent confrontation on the December 21 episode. During this show, Jericho offered Starks a spot in the Jericho Appreciation Society.
Starks turned this offer down, before he was attacked by members from the faction he refused to join.
After Action Andretti made the save, Starks challenged Jericho to a match, which AEW has now confirmed for the January 4 episode.
Jericho and Ricky Starks faced off in tag action on Jericho’s Triple Whammy cruise in October 2021.
The duo have never faced off in singles action, and have not shared the ring in AEW.
Both Jericho and Starks are recovering from huge defeats, with Jericho losing his ROH World Championship to Claudio Castagnoli at ROH Final Battle, then suffering an upset loss to Action Andretti at Dynamite: Winter Is Coming.
At the December 14 Dynamite special, Starks unsuccessfully challenged for MJF’s AEW World Championship.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
— Ricky Starks (@starkmanjones) December 28, 2022
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Cody Rhodes Claims He Almost Got Into A Backstage Fight With Top WWE Star
- Final 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductee Revealed
- Update On WWE’s Confidence In Signing Jay White & Kota Ibushi
- Carmella WWE Absence Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Vince McMahon ‘Not That Involved’ In WWE Creative Says Nick Khan
- PHOTOS: First Look At WrestleMania 39 Stage
- Pat McAfee WrestleMania 39 Status Revealed
- WWE Stars Vow Bloodshed At NXT Stand & Deliver
- Former WWE NXT Star Makes AEW Debut
- Top AEW Name Says AEW Needs CM Punk & Believes He Will Be Back