At last week’s AEW Dynamite Grand Slam show, Chris Jericho shocked the world in the opening match, when he defeated Claudio Castagnoli to win the Ring of Honor World Championship, the eighth world championship in his career.
Jericho announced later in the show that the Jericho Appreciation Society would hold a championship celebration ceremony on the September 28 episode of Dynamite.
Well, along with that celebration, the Ocho will make the first defence of his newly won title, when he defends the championship against former ROH World Champion Bandido.
Bandido was the ROH Champion heading into his title unification match with Jonathan Gresham, who held the original ROH World Championship, at Final Battle in 2021, which was the last event for ROH before Tony Khan bought the company earlier this year.
Also set for this week’s Dynamite, new AEW World Champion Jon Moxley will face off with NJPW star Juice Robinson in a World Title Eliminator match.
— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) September 26, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- WWE Sets Up Jey Uso Vs. Jimmy Uso For WrestleMania 40
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- Cody Rhodes Breaks Silence After Bloodline Attack On WWE Raw
- Jade Cargill Pulled From Big WWE Match
- Two NXT Stars Spotted At WWE Raw
- ‘Massive Issue’ Caused By New Policy For Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone AEW Debut Show
- WWE Name Change For Former AEW Star
- Untelevised Footage Of CM Punk Comments After WWE Raw Went Off Air
- WWE Star Returns After Three Month Absence