Current IWGP Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho has been absent from NJPW programming since winning the title at Dominion in June. Unless the former 9-time WWE Intercontinental Champion is looking to become the Brock Lesnar of NJPW, he might need to defend that title sooner rather than later.
Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer responded to a fan on Twitter who was asking about Jericho’s next potential title defense:
It's Jericho, which means some day he's showing up for an angle and the match will be soon after. Possibly KOPW or Tokyo Dome. https://t.co/HM0OikY83u
— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) August 11, 2018
KOPW, for those unaware, is King Of Pro-Wrestling, a show held in October by NJPW in Tokyo. However, the “Tokyo Dome” is of course referring to January 4 and Wrestle Kingdom. While the shorter time to wait does seem appealing, one has to wonder whether Jericho is looking for the biggest paycheck and may wait until January to defend his title. Time will only tell.
- Chris Jericho SHOOTS On Vince McMahon
- Chris Jericho To IMPACT Wrestling?
- Chris Jericho SHOOTS On Brock Lesnar
- Backstage Reaction To Hardy Royal Rumble Performance
- Former WWE Star Signs With IMPACT Wrestling
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Triple H Ribbed WWE Star At Royal Rumble
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- Cody Rhodes Accused Of ‘Sucking Up’ To Tony Khan
- Sami Zayn Makes Bold Statement On Twitter After Bloodline Betrayal At Royal Rumble
- AEW Star Calls Out WWE For Management ‘War’, ‘Playing’ With Wrestlers’ Careers
- Dustin Rhodes Shares Message For Cody Rhodes Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Kota Ibushi First Post-NJPW Appearance Announced