Current IWGP Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho has been absent from NJPW programming since winning the title at Dominion in June. Unless the former 9-time WWE Intercontinental Champion is looking to become the Brock Lesnar of NJPW, he might need to defend that title sooner rather than later.
Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer responded to a fan on Twitter who was asking about Jericho’s next potential title defense:
It's Jericho, which means some day he's showing up for an angle and the match will be soon after. Possibly KOPW or Tokyo Dome. https://t.co/HM0OikY83u
— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) August 11, 2018
KOPW, for those unaware, is King Of Pro-Wrestling, a show held in October by NJPW in Tokyo. However, the “Tokyo Dome” is of course referring to January 4 and Wrestle Kingdom. While the shorter time to wait does seem appealing, one has to wonder whether Jericho is looking for the biggest paycheck and may wait until January to defend his title. Time will only tell.
- Chris Jericho SHOOTS On Vince McMahon
- Chris Jericho To IMPACT Wrestling?
- Chris Jericho SHOOTS On Brock Lesnar
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’