AEW star Christian Cage is set to undergo surgery, following recent concern about his injury.
It was previously reported that CM Punk is expected to be out of action for around eight months following surgery to fix a torn tricep.
Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Christian Cage is also expected to be on the shelf for this length of time, and is set to undergo a similar surgery.
“His injury may be the exact same injury as Punk (believed to be torn triceps). So we’re talking again like an eight-month-ish, six-to-nine months of being out.”
At All Out, Christian Cage defeated ‘Jungle Boy’ Jack Perry in under a minute, after Luchasaurus attacked Perry. It had been reported that the match ran short because Cage was injured.
There is currently a lot of backstage heat on CM Punk following his verbal tirade at the All Out media scrum, and the following backstage fight which he and some members of The Elite were allegedly involved with.
The AEW World Championship and the Trios Title were vacated at the beginning of the September 7 edition of Dynamite, with Death Triangle winning the Trios gold later that show, and a tournament commencing for the vacant AEW World Title.
You can read more about the CM Punk drama and subsequent suspensions right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- Exciting Prospect Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- Ex-WWE Star To Make In-Ring Return After Five Years Away
- Mandy Rose Now Officially A Free Agent, Reveals Likelihood Of Returning To Wrestling
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Former World Champion Confirms He’ll Be A Free Agent On September 30
- Injured WWE Star Returning To In-Ring Training Soon