Despite the working relationship between AEW and IMPACT Wrestling, former WWE Superstar Christian Cage has said that he has no intention of returning to IMPACT anytime soon.
While speaking with Bleacher Report, Cage noted that he is still relatively new to AEW, having only joined in February. As a result, the former World Heavyweight Champion says he’ll just be working for Tony Khan:
“I don’t have any plans on [returning to Impact] right now. I am solely focused on AEW, but who knows what can happen in the future. I am relatively new here. I don’t think my focus should get too far away from AEW at this point. I am committed to being part of this brand and helping it move forward.”
For those that don’t know, Christian Cage worked for IMPACT Wrestling (then TNA) after leaving WWE for the first time. He even held the promotion’s World Championship for a period.
The AEW & IMPACT partnership will see AEW World Champion Kenny Omega and IMPACT World Champion Rich Swann put their titles on the line at the Rebellion pay-per-view this weekend.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- AEW Star Says Cody Rhodes’ WWE Push Made Them ‘Reevalutate’ Future
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return
- WWE Name Criticizes ‘Childish’ CM Punk Instagram Post
- Roman Reigns To Hit Huge Milestone Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Potential Spoiler On Edge WrestleMania Plans?