A veteran AEW star has discussed his in-ring future.
Christopher Daniels started his professional wrestling career in 1993. After bouncing around independent and major promotions, Daniels made a name for himself as a mainstay for both Ring of Honor and TNA.
In his 30th year of his career, “The Fallen Angel” wrestles every match like it might be his last.
Speaking with WrestleZone’s Bill Pritchard ahead of AAA’s Lucha Libre World Cup, Daniels talked about having a great amount of pride being selected to represent Team USA alongside Johnny Caballero (John Hennigan/Morrison) and Sam Adonis.
Noting that his team looks to be a formidable one, the former ROH World Champion said:
“I am proud to have been chosen to represent the United States. I feel like AAA has the opportunity as one of the top wrestling promotions in Mexico to pick any three Americans it wants to represent the United States, and for me to be chosen out of such a wide array of possibilities, is an honor.”
“I’ll definitely take that seriously when I step into the ring. And to step into the ring with Johnny Caballero and Sam Adonis by my side, I feel like it’s a very eclectic mix. But with our experiences, I feel like we’re a very strong team in this entire tournament.”
Daniels continued on to discuss on how he wrestles every match like it might be his last, saying:
“Even if this is halfway — which it isn’t — but if this was halfway, I’m on the second half. I’m at the tail end, I’m aware enough.”
“It could be my last match Sunday. It could be my last one, and I understand that. Part of the challenge now is to wrestle like it could be my last match. My spirit is willing and sometimes my flesh is weak.”
“As long as my spirit is strong, I’m gonna keep doing this as long as I can, and I don’t think this is the last time that I’ll get an opportunity to work for AAA.”
“I have a good relationship with the company itself, and I look forward to Sunday and see what happens. After we win, anything is possible.”
Christopher Daniels recently reunited with his former ROH World Tag Team Championship partner Matt Sydal on ROH TV on Honor Club. The duo is set to face Aussie Open on the March 23 episode.
Transcription via WrestleZone
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups