Clarification has emerged on whether Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch is able to use her previous nickname, ‘The Man’.
Following a now-deleted tweet, in which Ric Flair suggested WWE can no longer use ‘The Man’ moniker, it was reported in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Ric Flair owns the rights to the phrase in wrestling.
Fightful now reports that Lynch and WWE are still able to use ‘The Man’ as a nickname, but they’ve chosen to move away from that character. It was pointed out that the company is still selling ‘The Man’ t-shirts on WWE Shop.
WWE reportedly opted to move away from ‘The Man’ to focus on Lynch’s ‘Big Time Becks’ character. Lynch has used the new nickname since her return to TV following SummerSlam 2021.
A #1 contender for Lynch’s Raw Women’s Championship will be determined on Monday’s WWE Raw, ahead of Royal Rumble.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Friday June 2, 2023
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star