Clarification has emerged on whether Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch is able to use her previous nickname, ‘The Man’.
Following a now-deleted tweet, in which Ric Flair suggested WWE can no longer use ‘The Man’ moniker, it was reported in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Ric Flair owns the rights to the phrase in wrestling.
Fightful now reports that Lynch and WWE are still able to use ‘The Man’ as a nickname, but they’ve chosen to move away from that character. It was pointed out that the company is still selling ‘The Man’ t-shirts on WWE Shop.
WWE reportedly opted to move away from ‘The Man’ to focus on Lynch’s ‘Big Time Becks’ character. Lynch has used the new nickname since her return to TV following SummerSlam 2021.
A #1 contender for Lynch’s Raw Women’s Championship will be determined on Monday’s WWE Raw, ahead of Royal Rumble.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Former NXT Star Taylor Rust Makes AEW Debut
- Raquel Rodriguez Finishing Move Gets New Name After Previous Name Deemed Too Vulgar
- Charlotte Flair Marries Andrade El Idolo
- Bryan Danielson & William Regal Arrive Early To AEW Tapings To Train With Younger Talent
- Fascinating Behind-The-Scenes Footage Of Jade Cargill Including Training With Bryan Danielson & More
- Shinsuke Nakamura Debuts New Tag Team With Riddle
- CM Punk Updates His List Of AEW Dream Matches
- Paige VanZant Will Make AEW In-Ring Debut At Double Or Nothing