There has been some clarification on which match will main event night one of WrestleMania 39, or moreso which match will NOT main event.
Earlier today, WWE officially announced the lineups for each night of WrestleMania, with night two being headlined by Roman Reigns and Cody Rhodes’ Undisputed WWE Universal Championship match.
For night one, the graphic featured John Cena vs Austin Theory as the marquee match, seemingly implying that the match would main event the show.
This conflicted what had previously been announced by WWE, with the company announcing Cena vs Theory as the opening match of the first night last week.
In an update from Fightful Select (subscription required), WWE has since clarified to Fightful that the United States Championship match between Cena and Theory will open up the first night of the show.
It’s not known exactly which match is set to main event the show, with both the SmackDown Women’s Championship match and the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship matches being rumoured for the spot.
Both of the aforementioned matches are slated to take place on night one.
You can see the full lineup for both nights of WrestleMania at this link.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star