WWE star Cora Jade referenced both CM Punk and AJ Lee (Mendez) on Tuesday’s (April 11) edition of NXT.
During the show, Jade cut a promo with some familiar references.
In the opening of the promo, Jade asked “Do I have everybody’s attention now?”
This line was notably a reference to CM Punk, who used this line several times during his run with the company.
Jade also paid homage to Punk’s wife, former Divas Champion AJ Lee. Later on in her promo, Jade stated “I am the hero of this story.”
This is what AJ Lee said in her promo on the April 7, 2014 edition of Raw, moments before Saraya (fka Paige) made her main roster debut.
The segment ended with Lyra Valkyria interrupting Jade, which led to Valkyria standing tall in the ring after a brief scuffle.
It has been established in the past that Jade was a big fan of Punk, Lee and Saraya, with Jade notably dressing up as the former Diva’s Champion at a Halloween-themed live event last year.
An update has emerged on Punk’s current mindset about an AEW return, which you can read more about right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism