With four weeks of AEW Collision now in the books, news has surfaced regarding the backstage reputation of CM Punk.
Punk is the figurehead of the brand new show, has been involved in all four main events (wrestling in three, on commentary for one), and by all accounts is very involved with the show’s creative.
Obviously Punk’s return was contentious with some people both in and out of the locker room, but according to PWTorch, things seem to be positive thus far.
According to PWTorch’s sources, Punk is taking his role as a locker room leader seriously and is incentivised to “repair his damaged reputation”.
The belief is that he is taking pride in the idea that Collision is “his show” and he’s “putting his stamp” on it both on-screen and off-screen.
Of course, the positivity towards Punk isn’t shared by everyone in the locker room, but overall, the response to him looks to be “moving in the right direction”.
There were some issues after the very first week when he returned and took some digs at The Elite during his promo, but that seems to have died down and there has been nothing else said since then.
Of course, Tony Khan has specifically made sure to keep anyone that may have issues with Punk away from Collision.
Punk will face Ricky Starks in the final of the men’s Owen Hart Foundation tournament on the fifth Collision this coming Saturday.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Fans Think They Spotted A CM Punk Tease During WWE Raw
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- WWE Removes Edge (AEW’s Adam Copeland) From Another Big Spot
- Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Debut Reaches Impressive Media Numbers