It has been speculated all month that an AEW star could make a one-off, forbidden door appearance in the 2022 Royal Rumble match, after WrestleVotes reported WWE was working on getting in a big name from another company.
However, any hopes of an AEW star in the Rumble appear to have been dashed after Dave Meltzer tweeted:
Cody Rhodes will be on Dynamite tomorrow night. He will not be in the Royal Rumble. Nor will Jon Moxley.
— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) January 18, 2022
Ok sure, Cody Rhodes and Jon Moxley won’t be there, but what about someone else like CM Punk?
Well it seems Punk himself wanted to know the answer to that question, because he replied to Dave’s tweet with:
Working on my calendar, am I in the rumble?
— player/coach (@CMPunk) January 18, 2022
While it would be a huge moment, it seems unlikely that Punk, or any of his AEW colleagues, will be making an appearance in this year’s Rumble.
Oh well, maybe we can get the Hurricane.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another WWE Star Qualifies For Money In The Bank Ladder Match
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- CM Punk Reportedly Interested In Feuding With New AEW Star
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed