It appears CM Punk had some fun on Twitter and took a light-hearted jab at WWE for exaggerating its attendance figures throughout the years.
Yesterday, it came to light that AEW was putting extra tickets on sale for tonight’s ‘Grand Slam’ event at Arthur Ashe Stadium, with the potential for over 20,000 fans to be in attendance.
When Dave Meltzer tweeted this news and said there could be more than 20,000, CM Punk responded with: “93,173”.
93,173 is the attendance WWE announced for WrestleMania 3 back in 1987, which is believed to be one of WWE’s typical exaggerations.
It really does seem like Punk has been having a great time in wrestling since his AEW debut, and hopefully he continues having as much fun as he is.
Tonight, he has a match with Powerhouse Hobbs at Arthur Ashe Stadium that will air during Friday’s episode of Rampage.
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?