CM Punk’s return to All Elite Wrestling is officially set to take place on tomorrow night’s debut episode of AEW Collision.
Punk will team with AEW World Tag Team Champions FTR to take on Samoa Joe, Jay White and Juice Robinson, officially bringing an end to the Punk saga of the past 9 months.
Punk has not been seen on AEW programming since the now infamous AEW All Out media scrum, where he tore into Adam Page and the Elite.
Over the past few months, Punk’s status with AEW has been in question, with many believing he would never return to the company, while others thought his return was inevitable.
Speaking to ESPN ahead of the Collision launch, Punk spoke about his status with the company, saying that he never really considered not returning to wrestling.
“I certainly had some low moments, and I won’t rule out in those fleeting moments where I just say, ‘Ah, f— this, whatever,’ but I don’t ever think it was a serious intention to say that I’m done. There’s still work to do, and I think I’m excited about a lot of stuff that’s coming up. So, to just throw the baby out with the bathwater, just because of a little boo-boo, I think would be a little silly.”
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Dolph Ziggler Released By WWE
- Maximum Male Models React To Being Released By WWE
- AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam Draws Highest Viewership Since February, Highest Demo Rating Since September 2022
- Released WWE Stars Reveal Backstage Details About Vince McMahon