The reaction from the CM Punk camp towards the trios match with The Elite on AEW Dynamite in Chicago looks to have been revealed.
Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks faced Death Triangle in match two of a best-of-seven series on last night’s November 23 Dynamite, which just so happened to take place in Punk’s hometown of Chicago.
During the match, The Elite made many references to Punk and the backstage fight at All Out, including Kenny Omega biting Pac’s arm (which Ace Steel was alleged to have done to Omega during the fight), using a GTS (Punk’s finisher), and the Young Bucks poking fun at Punk botching the Buckshot Lariat.
Speaking on today’s Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said:
“I know that there’s people close to CM Punk that were… boy were they not happy with that six-man tag match.”
As of last word, Punk was still officially under contract with AEW after previous reports of talks for a buyout of his deal, which had delayed due to negotiations over a non-compete clause.
The match was won by Death Triangle meaning they’re now 2-0 up in the series.
Match three of the series takes place on next week’s Dynamite in Indianapolis.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Needs Career-Threatening Surgery
- Uncle Howdy Gets New Female Companion On SmackDown?
- Major Update On Randy Orton WWE Return
- WWE Star Competes Injured & Sustains Another Injury
- Big Return On WWE SmackDown You Might Have Missed!
- Potential Spoilers On Bray Wyatt Plans For SmackDown November 25
- What Happens When You Call Uncle Howdy
- Another WWE Name Change On SmackDown
- Current Champion Wants Triple H To Bring Back Another Released WWE Name
- Colt Cabana Reveals He Almost Died During AEW Dynamite Match