AEW star CM Punk has expressed no interest in a showdown against a top NJPW star at the upcoming Forbidden Door event in Chicago.
CM Punk and KENTA has gone back and forth on social media for years over Punk’s use of KENTA’s Go To Sleep finisher.
With AEW and NJPW working together for the Forbidden Door event on June 26 from the United Center in Chicago, many fans have speculated that it could be the setting for this dream match.
Speaking with Connor Casey of Comic Book, the Number One Contender for the AEW World Championship was asked about his interest in a match against KENTA.
Punk simply replied with “No”.
This caused a response from KENTA on social media, saying:
Hahaha. Perfect answer.
Zero interest and keep using MY finish.
What a garbage
— KENTA aka Lil’K (@KENTAG2S) May 11, 2022
KENTA appeared on AEW television last year when he attacked Jon Moxley and went on to team up with Kenny Omega to defeat Moxley and Lance Archer in a Falls Count Anywhere Match on the February 10 episode of Dynamite, before Punk signed with the company.
CM Punk will face AEW World Champion Hangman Adam Page at Double Or Nothing on May 29.
For the full lineup and details on Double Or Nothing, click here.
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Jeff Cobb & Great-O-Khan Make AEW Dynamite Appearance
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- Men’s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final Set For AEW Double Or Nothing