UPDATE – Dave Meltzer is now reporting that CM Punk’s injury will require surgery which will “necessitate a new champion being crowned”.
It’s being reported that AEW World Champion CM Punk sustained a serious injury at AEW All Out this past Sunday.
Dave Meltzer is reporting that Punk sustained the injury from the top rope during his match with Jon Moxley.
Meltzer adds that the “title situation has to be changed and addressed tonight”, regardless of any disciplinary action against Punk stemming from the backstage fight, but actually just because of the injury he sustained in his match.
Punk injury, believed to be from the tope, is serious. Rumors from Sunday but he hadn’t confirmed them but it’s been confirmed to me no matter what happens discipline-wise that the title situation has to be changed and addressed tonight.
Meltzer also tweeted that Punk is at home in Chicago right now so he will NOT be in Buffalo, New York for tonight’s Dynamite.
It is unknown right now whether CM Punk has been suspended by AEW. He reportedly had talks with Tony Khan yesterday about a potential departure from the company entirely.
The list of names who have been suspended that we know of is currently Ace Steel, Kenny Omega, Matt and Nick Jackson, Pat Buck, Christopher Daniels, Michael Nakazawa, and Brandon Cutler.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Reacts To Real-Life Brother Winning Championship In WWE
- WWE’s Rhea Ripley Sends Emotional Message To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship
- Rumored New WWE Signing Vacates Championship
- WWE’s Dominik Mysterio Breaks Silence With Message To Judgment Day After Title Loss
- CM Punk Backstage News From WWE NXT Deadline
- Dolph Ziggler First Post-WWE Match Confirmed
- Video Footage Of WWE’s Cora Jade Breaking Character Meeting CM Punk Backstage At NXT Deadline
- AEW Star Calls Out Triple H Following Controversial WWE Affiliate Comment
- Top WWE Star Pulled From Shows After Legitimate Injury
- AEW Star’s First Match In Six Months Confirmed