It would appear as if CM Punk has taken a shot at fellow former WWE Champion AJ Styles on Twitter for AJ’s silence during the Black Lives Matter protests this week following the tragic murder of George Floyd at the hand’s of police.
Taking to Twitter, the former WWE star has called out influencers and celebrities for not speaking out about the protests and using their platforms for good.
Lotta people snitching on themselves. When people tell you who they are, believe it. Might be unfortunate and disappointing if you’re a fan of that person, or if it’s your grandmother, but fuck ‘em. Good bye! (I yield my time, fuck you.)
— player/coach (@CMPunk) June 5, 2020
Here’s what Punk had to say on the matter:
“Lotta people snitching on themselves. When people tell you who they are, believe it. Might be unfortunate and disappointing if you’re a fan of that person, or if it’s your grandmother, but fuck ‘em. Good bye! (I yield my time, fuck you.)”
In response to his initial tweet, a fan called namedropped SmackDown star AJ Styles as someone who has remained silent, and Punk seemed to indicate that he wasn’t too surprised at Styles’ silence:
Of course, it is important to note that Punk hasn’t overtly called AJ Styles a racist, but he is sure implying that Styles has a history of prejudice.
- WWE Women’s Star Slaps Braun Strowman (Video)
- AEW Files Trademark On Interesting New Term
- Major Championship Matches Official For December 7 AEW Dynamite
- Wrestling World Unites For Heartwarming Tribute
- Sami Zayn Reveals How Far Back Bloodline Story Was Pitched
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Top WWE Star Details Getting Backstage Heat For ‘Nothing They Did’
- AEW Star Says They Had No Idea About Major AEW Moment
- Backstage Details On Scrapped Plans For WWE Star In-Ring Return
- ‘Bidding War’ For WWE Show Delaying Next Episode