It would appear as if CM Punk has taken a shot at fellow former WWE Champion AJ Styles on Twitter for AJ’s silence during the Black Lives Matter protests this week following the tragic murder of George Floyd at the hand’s of police.
Taking to Twitter, the former WWE star has called out influencers and celebrities for not speaking out about the protests and using their platforms for good.
Lotta people snitching on themselves. When people tell you who they are, believe it. Might be unfortunate and disappointing if you’re a fan of that person, or if it’s your grandmother, but fuck ‘em. Good bye! (I yield my time, fuck you.)
— player/coach (@CMPunk) June 5, 2020
Here’s what Punk had to say on the matter:
“Lotta people snitching on themselves. When people tell you who they are, believe it. Might be unfortunate and disappointing if you’re a fan of that person, or if it’s your grandmother, but fuck ‘em. Good bye! (I yield my time, fuck you.)”
In response to his initial tweet, a fan called namedropped SmackDown star AJ Styles as someone who has remained silent, and Punk seemed to indicate that he wasn’t too surprised at Styles’ silence:
Of course, it is important to note that Punk hasn’t overtly called AJ Styles a racist, but he is sure implying that Styles has a history of prejudice.
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- WWE Star Seemingly Turning Heel
- Cara Pipia Claims Ashley Massaro Was ‘Threatened’ To Keep Quiet About Alleged Rape, Vince McMahon & Stephanie McMahon Named
- WWE Star Confirms Torn ACL Injury
- Major Hint For WWE SummerSlam 2024 Location
- WWE Tag Team Partners Potentially Splitting Up
- Former WWE Star ‘100%’ Open To Full-Time Return
- Dominik Mysterio Addresses Claim WWE Crowd Reaction Is Fake
- Released WWE Stars Tease Potential Stable?