Inaugural AEW TNT Champion Cody has revealed that his open challenge for the title is not exclusive to AEW contracted talent.
In a Q&A on Twitter, when a fan asked if non-AEW talent was able to answer his open challenge, the ‘American Nightmare’ simply responded with: “yes”.
On the next episode of Dynamite, Cody defends the strap for the first time since winning it at Double Or Nothing where he beat Lance Archer in the tournament final. He defends against Jungle Boy who won a battle royal on the last episode.
Cody said in a promo during that same show that he’ll defend the title every week in an open challenge, and the revelation that it’s not just open to AEW talent could make for some very exciting bouts.
Former WWE star Matt Cardona, FKA Zack Ryder, teased on Twitter recently that he’d consider answering the challenge, and given his close friendship with Cody, it has to be considered a possibility.
There are also a whole host of other names who could make a one-off challenge without signing for the promotion full-time, so let us know who you’d like to see face Cody in the coming weeks and months with the title on the line.
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other