Cody Rhodes’ return to WWE back at WrestleMania 38 was one of the biggest moments of the year, before he was unfortunately taken out of action with a torn pectoral muscle back in June, competing with a torn pec against Seth Rollins inside Hell In A Cell.
With the estimated healing time for a torn pec being 6-9 months, many have speculated about a huge Royal Rumble return for the American Nightmare, which would be seven months after he suffered the injury.
Cody recently appeared for WWE at San Diego Comic Con, where he spoke about the recovery of his injury. Cody claimed that he believes he’s ahead of schedule for his recovery right now, but reiterates that the doctors are not giving him an exact timetable, knowing that he will try to jump it, before then admitting that he will, in fact, still try to jump it.
He was then asked about a potential return in next year’s Royal Rumble match, to which he said:
“My Royal Rumble stats are top 10, they’re phenomenal. So if I was to come back at that event, there is a chance I could actually get up in the top five and I’m all about that …. You never know! We’ll see.”
You can keep track of all currently injured WWE stars at this link.
transcription via WrestlingInc
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw
- Former WWE World Champion Set For Title Match At NXT Deadline
- WWE Star Takes Another Shot At Kenny Omega
- Update On Plans For The AEW Fight Forever Video Game
- AEW Star Addresses Criticism Towards New In-Ring Style