Cody Rhodes is one of the executive vice presidents of All Elite Wrestling, and is currently the TNT Champion for the promotion.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Rhodes is actually technically a free agent, and has been working without an AEW contract the past several weeks.
Cody’s AEW contract expired at the end of 2021, with sources in AEW saying that they have known about this for several weeks.
Fightful has reached out to Cody for a response, but is yet to hear back. AEW previously noted that they aren’t prepared to discuss the contract length of talent.
Rhodes has yet to wrestle a match for AEW in 2022, but his final record for 2021 was 19-7-1, which equated to a 72.22% win percentage. For full AEW men’s win/loss records for this year, click this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- Bryan Danielson Shares Warning For Retired Star Amid In-Ring Return Rumors
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal
- Major Athlete Set For Appearance At WWE SummerSlam?
- Top WWE Raw Star Advertised For June 2 SmackDown Show