There aren’t many companies in the world that have a list of banned words, but then there aren’t many companies in the world like WWE, so we’re just going to have to accept their banned word list for what it is.
Cody Rhodes, who left AEW at the start of this year and then returned to WWE at WrestleMania 38, has never been one to mince his words, and he has now revealed exactly how much he gets fined every time he uses a WWE banned word on TV.
Cody was part of a Mattel panel at this past week’s San Diego Comic-Con, during which a Mattel panelist said “title belts” before quickly correcting himself to say “championship titles” because of course “belts” is a banned word.
Cody then told the panelist he should say whatever he felt like saying.
“Buddy, you can say belts. If they fine me $1000 every time I say belts, I’m fine with it. Belts. It can be a title belt, sure, it’s a championship. But it also physically goes around your waist. It’s a belt. So, those are great belts [in the new Mattel figures].”
I wish I was fine with losing $1,000.
For anyone wondering, here is a list of the known banned WWE words. It must be said there may be many more banned words we don’t know about.
- Head Shot
- The Anti-Diva
- Spinal Injuries
- Curb Stomp
- House Show
- Being Over
Cody is currently out of action with a torn pectoral muscle, and there is no timeline for his return to the ring.
- WWE Star Eyes Up Top Free Agent Match
- WWE Star Injured Indefinitely, Pulled From Big Match
- New WWE Faction Member Revealed
- Former WWE Star Announces Retirement
- Insane Cody Rhodes WWE Record Revealed
- WWE Star Debuts With New Ring Name
- Interesting Cody Rhodes WWE Raw Detail Revealed
- WWE Star Replaced By CM Punk
- Potential Big Change To WWE Event Schedule Revealed
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition