There has been speculation regarding the status of the Cody Rhodes vs Seth Rollins match at tonight’s WWE Hell In A Cell event, due to WWE announcing an injury to Cody Rhodes at last night’s WWE live event.
That being said, Cody shared a photo of the chairs at tonight’s show, seemingly implying that he’s still set to compete in the match tonight. However, he is reportedly working through the match injured, and it’s a pretty serious one.
Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Rhodes suffered an injury while weight training during the week. Meltzer said that the story going around is that Rhodes suffered a torn pec, but he was unable to confirm if that is the injury.
“Cody hurt himself weight training this week. The story going around backstage last night in Champaign, Illinois is that he tore his pec. I don’t know that 100 percent [if] that is the injury. That’s definitely the story going around. That’s what multiple wrestlers were saying last night, and Cody was there, so he probably told them,”
“The presumption everyone had was he’s working Hell in a Cell tonight and from there we’ll see. But a torn pec is, you know, that’s a pretty serious injury, if it is that.”
transcription via F4Wonline
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- Cody Rhodes Breaks Silence After Bloodline Attack On WWE Raw
- Cara Pipia Claims Ashley Massaro Was ‘Threatened’ To Keep Quiet About Alleged Rape, Vince McMahon & Stephanie McMahon Named
- ‘Massive Issue’ Caused By New Policy For Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone AEW Debut Show
- WWE Star Seemingly Turning Heel
- Untelevised Footage Of CM Punk Comments After WWE Raw Went Off Air
- WWE Star Confirms Torn ACL Injury
- WWE Star Not Seen For Six Months Teases Feud With Gunther
- Dominik Mysterio Addresses Claim WWE Crowd Reaction Is Fake