There has been speculation regarding the status of the Cody Rhodes vs Seth Rollins match at tonight’s WWE Hell In A Cell event, due to WWE announcing an injury to Cody Rhodes at last night’s WWE live event.
That being said, Cody shared a photo of the chairs at tonight’s show, seemingly implying that he’s still set to compete in the match tonight. However, he is reportedly working through the match injured, and it’s a pretty serious one.
Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Rhodes suffered an injury while weight training during the week. Meltzer said that the story going around is that Rhodes suffered a torn pec, but he was unable to confirm if that is the injury.
“Cody hurt himself weight training this week. The story going around backstage last night in Champaign, Illinois is that he tore his pec. I don’t know that 100 percent [if] that is the injury. That’s definitely the story going around. That’s what multiple wrestlers were saying last night, and Cody was there, so he probably told them,”
“The presumption everyone had was he’s working Hell in a Cell tonight and from there we’ll see. But a torn pec is, you know, that’s a pretty serious injury, if it is that.”
transcription via F4Wonline
- Record Numbers For WrestleMania 39 Ticket Sales
- Hikaru Shida Bringing Championship Back To AEW From Japan
- AEW Stars Planned For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- WWE Backstage Budget Cuts Having Big Effect
- Dexter Lumis Jumps The Barricade During United States Championship Clash
- Real Reason For Big Increase In AEW Rampage Viewership
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Return From Leave Of Absence
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- Sasha Banks And Naomi Appear Together At She-Hulk Premiere
- Young Bucks Continue To Tease Identity Of Mystery Partner