All Elite Wrestling (AEW) announced shortly after Wednesday night’s episode of AEW Dynamite that former TNT Champion Cody Rhodes had suffered a slight tear to his rotator cuff during his match on the show.,
Fans were somewhat concerned when this news broke, especially considering Cody Rhodes has a big match scheduled on the March 3 episode of Dynamite where he will team with Red Velvet to take on Shaquille O’Neal and Jade Cargill.
In some good news, Dave Meltzer is reporting in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Cody Rhodes is expected to be able to compete in the big aforementioned match on Dynamite next month with Shaquille O’Neal and Jade Cargill:
Right now the expectation is he will be back for the 3/3 match with Shaquille O’Neal & Jade Cargill
AEW has already been forced to make a change to this match once, as it has been heavily suggested that Brandi Rhodes was set to team with Cody before she became pregnant. Rhodes was replaced by Red Velvet, who she has been aligned with on Dark.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match Added To Madison Square Garden SmackDown