During his emotional promo on this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw (April 4) Cody Rhodes made his intentions clear for the future: he wants to become WWE Champion.
In order to do that, he may first have to get through the current Unified WWE Champion, Roman Reigns.
Cody Rhodes was on WWE’s The Bump today where he mentioned Roman and his road from being a divisive figure amongst fans to really owning his current persona, saying:
“When I left here Roman Reigns was on top and I think Roman Reigns was experiencing some of the negative by-product, of being on top some of the pushback… but the thing that makes a champion in any company, in anything, is consistency and when he said ‘Dallas, Texas Acknowledge Me’ and whether they’re supposed to boo, cheer, whatever it might be, and they acknowledged him.”
When discussing specifically what he thinks of their future potential, Rhodes had this interesting comment:
“He’s an intimidating presence, and I just look forward to, obviously again, it exists, there’s a match out there, that is likely the match that exists out there but before the match you have to cross paths at some point and I look forward to that.”
Roman Reigns toppled Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 38 to become both the WWE Universal and the WWE Championship in what was advertised as a title unification match.
While Reigns appeared this week on Raw, he did not provide any details for the future of the championship, rather came to the ring and told fans to tune in on Friday to SmackDown to see what he has to say.
— WWE (@WWE) April 6, 2022
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major WWE Star Confirmed To Be ‘Free Agent’
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- Identities Of Several WWE Departures Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Discusses CM Punk’s AEW Departure & WWE Return
- Absent WWE Stars Expected At SmackDown
- Another Tease For Major WWE Signing?
- CM Punk Next WWE Appearance Date Announced
- AEW Star Says Last Few Months Of Creative Have Been ‘Frustrating’