Cody Rhodes has been one of, if not the, top stars on WWE Raw since he made his return to WWE at WrestleMania 38. Rhodes defeated Seth Rollins on the show, and then again at the WrestleMania Backlash premium live event earlier this month.
Rhodes recently spoke to Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated about the WrestleMania Backlash show, where he had nothing but good things to say about it, calling it a ‘wrestling card’.
“I understand that sports entertainment is the proper term in WWE, but Backlash was a wrestling card. Bell-to-bell, there were stories told in the ring, and there was competition, and there was violence. It just felt different. If me being back helps bring that identity, then good because I’m not changing. I’m going to be me.”
Rhodes continued on, speaking about his two matches against Rollins since his return, and how satisfied he is with them.
“I was really satisfied with our two matches. It was pure wrestling. I thought that chapter was closed, but I’m looking forward to what’s next between us.”
Rhodes and Rollins are set for their third encounter inside Hell In A Cell at the premium live event of the same name next month.
Cody has been unbeaten since his return to the company. For a list of all win/loss records for the WWE male roster in 2022 so far, click here.
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Claudio Castagnoli Makes AEW Debut At Forbidden Door
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed