The issue with WWE removing pyro from their weekly and most PPV shows is that entrances that used to have pyro, like Brock Lesnar or Batista, look a bit naff. This apparently will not be an issue for AEW fans attending Double or Nothing, or at least is won’t be if Cody Rhodes gets his way.
The latest episode of The Road to Double or Nothing focused heavily on the idea of taking as much pyro to Double or Nothing as possible.
Cody Rhodes ran the idea of having a ‘contained explosion’ on stage at Double or Nothing, but did not mention how much or how often this pyro would be used.
The question is, if AEW are splashing the cash on pyro, will WWE retaliate by bringing it back to their shows? Just to prove they still can.
It was also announced on the episode that Ace Romero had signed a deal to be part of the Over the Budget Battle Royal at Double or Nothing.
Sat, May 25th #LasVegas#OverBudgetBattleRoyale@TheAceyBaby pic.twitter.com/WvXnN3CRz9
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) March 7, 2019
You can watch the full episode of The Road to Double or Nothing below.
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Former WWE Star Announces Retirement