When Cody Rhodes returned to face Brodie Lee earlier this year, he did so with a change of appearance. Gone were his blond locks and instead the American Nightmare was sporting jet black hair.
Now, Rhodes has opened up about the inspiration behind the change. Rhodes, always a nerd of sorts, revealed that the inspiration came from the classic comic book story Death of Superman. In the story, Superman returns with a black suit, a beard and long hair. For Rhodes, all he was missing was the long hair.
Here is the quote from Rhodes’ interview with Lexy Nair, courtesy of Fightful:
“Blondes have more fun. Nobody got it when I dyed my hair black. It was a play on Death of Superman. He had the mullet, he had a change, a different outfit. Nobody got it.”
Cody Rhodes was able to successfully win back the TNT Championship, defeating Brodie Lee in a Dog Collar match. Since his return, he has returned to his usual blond hair.
More recently, Rhodes was involved in the debut of Sting. Sting stared Rhodes down during his first appearance on AEW Dynamite but informed him this week that he was not of interest to him at the moment. Rather, Sting would be turning his attention to TNT Champion Darby Allin.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring
- NJPW Star Set For AEW Dynamite Appearance?