A top WWE star has revealed “record setting” plans for his WrestleMania entrance.
At WrestleMania 38, Cody Rhodes made his WWE return by defeating Seth Rollins. Since his return to the company, Rhodes has had an entrance that tends to go pretty heavy on the pyro consistently.
With “The American Nightmare” set to headline the Show of Shows this year, the plans for his Mania entrance may be even more “over the top” than usual.
Speaking with WrestleJoy’s Amy Nemmity, Cody Rhodes admitted that he never asked for pyro, but it turned from a gag into an important part of his regular entrance. He said:
“Oh my gosh. I would have to say, you want to go with the latter, go with the greatest. At this point, I’m gonna be honest, I never asked anybody for pyro.”
“Even in AEW when I was running things, I never asked anybody for pyro, and then it became like a running gag, the amount of pyro, and now it’s not even that, it’s just part of the experience.”
“It’s like the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. You know, this happens at this time and they legit blow up the sky.”
On plans for his WrestleMania 39 entrance, Cody said:
“I think with a WrestleMania on the west coast, in Hollywood, it’s the biggest display that’s ever been done involving a ring. I don’t think greatest can even cover it. I really don’t. I think you’re looking at a record setting amount of pyro.”
Cody Rhodes will challenge Roman Reigns for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at WrestleMania 39 next Sunday.
For the full lineup for the event, click here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups