It may be hard to cast your minds back to Cody Rhodes’ time in WWE as ‘Stardust’, but if you wish to watch him in action on SmackDown, you’d have to.
Cody’s last match on WWE’s blue brand took place on April 26, 2016, when he was defeated by Apollo Crews prior to him requesting his WWE release.
Cody has made appearances on the show since his return last year, but has yet to wrestle a match on the brand outside of dark matches following episodes he appeared on.
Well that’s all set to change next week, as Cody will be in action in an interesting first-time-ever match with potential major post-WrestleMania implications.
On this week’s SmackDown LowDown, Cody’s interview was interrupted by Giovanni Vinci and Ludwig Kaiser of Imperium, with Ludwig challenging Cody to a match on next week’s show, which Rhodes accepted.
The timing of the match is rather interesting, with many believing that Cody will end up winning the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at WrestleMania, while believing that Gunther will drop the Intercontinental Championship to Sheamus.
Could this be the first seed planted for a Cody vs Gunther feud coming out of the Grandest Stage of them All?
Next week I’ll show the entire world, who @CodyRhodes really is #SmackDown#LK #IMPERIUM #TheMatIsSacred pic.twitter.com/LRDiJXmaHn
— 𝐋𝐮𝐝𝐰𝐢𝐠 𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐫 (@wwe_kaiser) March 18, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Former WWE Star Opens Up About Pregnancy
- Injured AEW Star Training Ahead Of Potential Return (Video)