Cody Rhodes has addressed speculation that AEW is planning a stadium show, naming an arena that he would like the company to run.
It was recently reported that over 12000 tickets have been sold for the August 20 episode of AEW Rampage at the United Center in Chicago.
During today’s (August 3) conference call, Cody Rhodes was asked by Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful whether AEW have any large-capacity stadium shows planned.
Rhodes stated that there have indeed been some thoughts about stadium shows within AEW. Naming Miller Park in Milwaukee as a stadium he personally thinks the company should run, Rhodes clarified that there haven’t been any formal talks yet.
Sean Ross Sapp recapped Rhodes’ comments, tweeting:
“Cody Rhodes tells me that AEW has had some thoughts about stadium shows, and what they’d name it — but said there haven’t been formal talks He points out Miller Park in Milwaukee as one he’s personally interested in, but can’t speak to the whole company.”
Miller Park, now known as American Family Field, can seat over 42,000 fans for baseball games, so considerably more for a wrestling show with more floor seats.
It had previously been announced that tickets for the September All Out show had sold out shortly after pre-sale.
A CM Punk appearance has been heavily teased for AEW Rampage: The First Dance. NJPW star KENTA has recently called out the former WWE Champion for a match.
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- Another WWE Star Trying To Join Judgment Day
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- WWE Star Reacts To Fan Jumping Barricade At Live Event
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- Raw Star Who ‘Never Wins’ Addresses WWE Booking