It was reported yesterday that while there is no concrete information either way, the feeling within parts of AEW is that the Cody Rhodes return to WWE could have been scrapped.
Fightful Select reported WWE’s creative team is currently uncertain as to whether Cody is coming in, and a new report from Dave Meltzer suggests the decision is all Cody’s, and wherever he wants to go, he’ll go.
Writing on the Wrestling Observer Forum, Meltzer said:
“Negotiations hit a snag. He has multiple offers. He has to make a decision. WWE wants the decision made soon for obvious reasons. The ball is in his court.”
Those obvious reasons are likely that WWE would want to have Rhodes involved in plans for WrestleMania in some way.
When he and wife Brandi left AEW last month, it was quickly reported Vince McMahon was looking to give Cody a huge push, which would likely involve a big WrestleMania match or segment.
The longer any negotiations go on, the longer it feels as though Cody may not be heading to WWE after all. But this is wrestling, and you know what they say…no, I don’t know what they say either.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- Keith Lee Responds To Criticism Of Saying ‘Poor WALTER’ After GUNTHER Name Change
- Alexa Bliss Reveals Nature Of Recent Procedure Amid WWE Absence
- Tony Khan Continues To Praise Mercedes Moné Ahead Of Forbidden Door 2
- News On Which Night Some WrestleMania Matches Are Set For
- AEW Star Reveals Pitch For WWE WrestleMania Crossover Match
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status