AEW announced on last night’s (January 7) episode of AEW Rampage that Cody Rhodes would not be able to defend the TNT Championship against Sammy Guevara on tonight’s AEW Battle of the Belts show.
AEW instead announced that Guevara would face Cody’s brother Dustin Rhodes to determine an interim TNT Champion.
Cody took to his Instagram story today to explain his absence, revealing that he and Brandi are isolating due to a family member testing positive for COVID-19.
I appreciate everybody reaching out. Brandi and I are in isolation with family that have unfortunately tested positive for COVID. It’s been a scary time dealing with such a strong virus and the complications that can come with it. We are doing all we can to nurse and protect the family during this time. I will remain in quarantine as long as needed. Everyday is more encouraging. Thank you immensely for your support and respect of our privacy. Thank you to AEW for understanding and allowing me to be where I am needed today, and for still allowing the TNT Title to be represented. I look forward to being back soon. All the love in the world!
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish
- The Rock Shares Condolences To Iron Sheik’s Family: ‘Rest In Power, Uncle Sheiky’
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- Kris Statlander Retains TBS Championship, AEW Rampage To Feature Big Women’s Match