Cody Rhodes has revealed that he wishes that it would’ve been possible for his match with Anthony Ogogo to take place in the UK.
At Double or Nothing in May, former boxer Anthony Ogogo made his AEW pay-per-view debut against Cody Rhodes. If the pandemic didn’t change plans, this match might have happened during AEW’s postponed UK tour.
On August 3 AEW media conference call, Cody Rhodes stated that the UK is a massive part of AEW. Rhodes also noted that he would’ve loved to have faced the English talent during an overseas tour.
Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful confirmed Rhodes’ comments, tweeting:
“Cody Rhodes tells @stephaniemchase that AEW has a full touring schedule laid out. Cody says the pandemic obviously changed their UK plans, but the UK is a massive part of AEW. He wishes the Ogogo match happened in the UK.”
Ogogo last wrestled on the June 4 episode of Dynamite. Following his match, it was reported that Ogogo flew back to the UK, so was affected by international travel restrictions.
On this week’s AEW Homecoming show, Malakai Black will face Rhodes in his in-ring debut for the promotion.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record