The prodigal son Cody Rhodes has returned to WWE and he not only opened the Raw after Mania, he also closed the night for fans in attendance.
After Raw went off the air there was a dark match between Kevin Owens and Cody Rhodes, after which Rhodes hopped back on the mic to address the crowd with some emotional words.
Saying hello to actual his cousin, Cody said “this guy is my family, all of you are my family and I will love you until the end!” and that he was going to stick around to hang out with fans until security kicked him out.
During the match, Rhodes beat Owens, and per some in attendance on Twitter, at one point Kevin Owens did a Young Bucks pose during the match.
Check out a clip of his emotional goodnight to the fans below from Twitter user @AlistairMcG
Emotional end as Cody Rhodes addresses the fans after #WWERaw. Thanked everyone for welcoming him back into their home. Fun speech! pic.twitter.com/sIo6NnUFvu
— Alistair McGeorge (@AlistairMcG) April 5, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing