Cody Rhodes has recalled WWE and Vince McMahon’s reactions to his Nightmare Family neck tattoo, or lack thereof.
Rhodes made his return at WrestleMania 38, after six years away from WWE. During that time, the former AEW EVP got a controversial tattoo, having his American Nightmare/Nightmare Family logo inked on his neck.
WWE has always been very particular about stars’ presentations, with some names notably having to have the company approve tattoo requests in the past.
Speaking with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated, Rhodes noted that nobody backstage has brought up his tattoo in a negative way.
Noting that WWE has plans for merchandise surrounding his ink, Rhodes said:
“Vince (McMahon) hasn’t said anything (negative) about the tattoo. I’ve been waiting for some of these guys who knew me back in the day to say something, specifically Bruce (Prichard) and Michael Hayes. Even Randy (Orton) hasn’t said anything, and that was a shock to me because I wasn’t a tattoo guy and he was covered.
“But it’s a good thing to have. Temporary tattoos are going to be released by WWE Shop, and people now see it as an extension of me. That’s what it is. When I was here before, everyone tried to tell me who I was. That wasn’t a bad thing—I was searching, too.
“Now I’m reaching my final form. That’s why I am sticking to my guns about my character, keeping it as close as possible to who I am. But I’ll promise you this—I’m not getting another one.”
Rhodes previously noted on WWE The Bump that he believes if he was to have one last conversation with his late father, Dusty Rhodes, the wrestling legend would ask him about the tattoo before anything else.
On Monday’s (May 16) edition of WWE Raw, Rhodes challenged Seth Rollins to a Hell in a Cell match at the Premium Live Event of the same name on June 5. Also at Hell in a Cell, Asuka will challenge for Bianca Belair’s Raw Women’s Championship.
You can view the updated lineup for the event at this link.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Here’s Who Decided Stephanie McMahon Should Replace Vince McMahon
- Lineup For AEW Blood & Guts Match Revealed
- Original Plan For Jon Moxley At Forbidden Door Before CM Punk Injury
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Real Reason Sammy Guevara Joined Jericho Appreciation Society
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- WWE Star AJ Styles Used For Bizarre Colonoscopy Billboard