On last night’s episode of AEW: Dynamite, Vice President Cody took 10 lashes in order to earn a match against MJF at the February 27 AEW Revolution show.
In pro-wrestling, the vast majority of weapons are gimmicked to make sure they hurt less, and weapon attacks are more focused on the back and chest (unless you’re Shawn Spears) to decrease the possibility of serious injury.
Unfortunately for Cody, you can’t really gimmick leather belts, and it would have looked very silly if MJF had held back with his lashes, so it must have hurt a lot.
If you are doubting that it hurt, then AEW has posted a helpful photo of Cody’s back after the show to prove just how much it hurt.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) February 6, 2020
What a freckly man. Also, ouch.
Being the kind, warm-hearted man that he is, MJF replied to the tweet with some advice for Cody.
You should have stayed down. https://t.co/Tf7vIiunD3
— Maxwell Jacob Friedman™️ (@The_MJF) February 6, 2020
I think I would’ve given up after one lash. It’s just not worth it.
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed