The mystery of Cody’s hair has finally been revealed. When he turned up at the NJPW G1 Special press conference earlier this month sporting a black wash in place of his usual blonde dye, the former ROH World Heavyweight Champion couldn’t tell us exactly why. Now his change of appearance makes sense.
It has been revealed today that the Runnels family member will be reprising his role of Derek Sampson in the DC television show, Arrow, opposite Stephen Amell’s title character and can be seen fleetingly in the Season 7 trailer.
People just need something to believe in. Arrow premieres Monday, October 15 on The CW. Stream free: https://t.co/M8AYOjTJuE pic.twitter.com/0LjSrsQVno
— Arrow (@CW_Arrow) July 21, 2018
The pair clashed inside the ring at SummerSlam 2015 in tag team action after several months of hype with Cody’s Stardust character infatuated with the actor. They were partnered by King Barrett and Neville respectively.
Drug dealer and crime boss turned meta-human, Derek Sampson was last seen being incarcerated in Season 5, Episode 21 ‘Honor Thy Father’.
WrestleTalk would like to know your thoughts on Cody’s appearance in Arrow, whether you think he has the skill to make the transition, and if you’d like to see him back in WWE. You can get in touch with us on Twitter and Discord today.
- SummerSlam 2015
- Derek Sampson
- Roh World Heavyweight Championship
- njpw g1 special
- Wade Barrett
- Stephen Amell
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?