A new update has emerged on Roman Reigns Undisputed WWE Universal Championship plans.
It was recently reported that the current plan is for Reigns to walk into WrestleMania 39 in April 2023 with the gold.
WrestleVotes has now taken to Twitter to report that while WWE wants to have two champions heading into WrestleMania, they don’t want Roman Reigns losing a match between now and April.
“The situation (with) the world titles & Roman Reigns is ‘complex’ according to a source. They would like to go into ‘Mania season’ & WrestleMania itself with 2 champions, but they also don’t want Reigns losing AT ALL prior. I’m told HHH & co are open to all things creatively here.
Roman Reigns unified the WWE Championship with the Universal Title after defeating Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 38.
Reigns has defended the gold as one championship since then, most recently defeating Drew McIntyre at Clash At The Castle with the title on the line.
The previous report from WrestlingNews.co indicated that WWE currently plans to have Roman Reigns be a champion for a match against The Rock at WrestleMania 39.
WWE will build to Roman Reigns vs The Rock ahead of April 2023, but only if The Rock’s schedule allows for a wrestling return.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Bayley’s Hilarious Reaction To ‘Bayley Is Hot’ Fan Sign
- WWE Star Unmasks & Swaps With Fan
- AEW Star Sends Heartfelt Message To WWE’s Nikki Cross
- CM Punk’s First Ever WWE Opponent Recalls Going Off Script In Match
- AEW Star Set For First Singles Match In Over Five Months
- Dominik Mysterio Shares Rare Heartwarming Moment With Fan At WWE Event
- New Feud For AEW Championship Revealed
- AEW Star Wears Protective Apparatus For First Match After Facial Injury
- AEW Star Dealing With Double Vision Issues
- Backstage Update On Randy Orton’s WWE Contract